Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer in AD

Hello!

I have a little problem with my computer at work which connects to AD. After I logon I get a message to enter a Windows XP Proffesional CD to copy some files. I've tried to do that but I get the same message everytime I login.

I hope you know what I mean and that someone knows how to solve this.

Thanks!

Re: Computer in AD

Ask your administrator to help you
    Without knowing which files we cannot do much
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It wants to copy a file app852.fon

Comment

Ask your IT guy to copy it from the CD or from another XP PC in the office.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have a Windows XP CD and although I insert it and press OK to copy, nothing happens ... the same message appears again later ...

And my account also has admin rights ...

Comment

IT Administrators usually have more than just admin rights, they have (hopefully) training and experience with issues like this. Either way there are other solutions. Aside from copying from another computer, you could do system restore. Either way it's the job of the IT guy to fix these things. Make them work for their money

Comment

I know what our IT administrators will do ... take my computer and just format and reinstall everything. I can do that myself ... but just don't have the time to do it.

Argh ...

Comment

Ask a colleague to copy the file from their machine to a share on yours. They will need to use Edit>Copy to do this.

Open control panel>Fonts then File>Install new font and browse to the shared folder on your PC that contains the font.
                A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
                  Ask a colleague to copy the file from their machine to a share on yours. They will need to use Edit>Copy to do this.

Open control panel>Fonts then File>Install new font and browse to the shared folder on your PC that contains the font.
                  Where can I find those files? I've tried with search ... no luck. The Show hidden files is ON and Hide protected operating system files is OFF ... still no luck.

Comment

The file you quote is located in C:\Windows\Fonts. This is where your colleague should look for the file, then copy it to your shared folder.

[Edit]
                    Assuming they have the file, that is... You may need to look at more than one machine to find this.

However, you really should ask your network admin about this. Installing a font is a simple task.
                    Last edited by Blood; 8th June 2010, 11:47.
                    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                    X