Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Windows XP?

Hi Guys,

I have that Windows XP OS will be coming to an end in another 3 years. Any idea whether this is true?

Re: End of Windows XP?

Moved from the Outlook forum...
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselect

Please not that Extended Support is where you have to sell you soul in order to be able to pay Microsoft for the help required.
      Also, do not expect a Service Pack 4 for XP. Mainstream support for XP expired 14 April 2009.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If it does last until 2013 it will probably be the longest lived MS operating system ever -- 11 years is a heck of a long time in IT

Note all this means is MS will stop supporting it -- the OS will not suddenly vanish from your systems.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I hope this doesn't impact students for the 70-270 exam
          Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Comment

Well, 70-270 will eventually be retired, but the certification will still count.
            But IMHO if you do not have the exam, get it sooner rather than later
            I still have a set of Win2000 exams on my transcript
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X