No announcement yet.

How to stop downloading of old emails.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop downloading of old emails.

You all know when we configure outlook xpress first time on a machine then it starts downloading all e-mails whether they are 2 month or 2 year old.

So, now my question is that if i want to avoid downloading of emails 1 year old when we configure first time on machine.

another question is that if a Ms. outlook having more than 1 year old emails then how can i delete them.

Re: How to stop downloading of old emails.

I assume you're using a POP3 server?
    If so, there is a setting in Outlook Express to delete emails after downloading them
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by neil999 View Post
      You all know when we configure outlook xpress first time on a machine then it starts downloading all e-mails whether they are 2 month or 2 year old.

So, now my question is that if i want to avoid downloading of emails 1 year old when we configure first time on machine.

another question is that if a Ms. outlook having more than 1 year old emails then how can i delete them.
      if you are thinking about the download time/space, to download only few you can probably download only headers and then choose which ones to download and which ones to be deleated...

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        I assume you're using a POP3 server?
        If so, there is a setting in Outlook Express to delete emails after downloading them
        Not only that, if you need to get rid of them right away(if it is POP), log into your webmail and delete them there. I had one use that had 10,000 emails that he already had backed up so we just purged the old ones from the his webmail and low and behold they didn't download.

Comment

Working...
        X