tcp/ip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tcp/ip

As you all know if we make a limited account user on win xp then user is unable to see tcp/ip configuration and to change tcp/ip.
    so, is any other way so that a computer administrator user cannt see or change tcp/ip.

Re: tcp/ip

you want to make an administrator not able to see the tcp settings ?

also - while you're at it, take your limited account, open a command prompt and type in "ipconfig /all" - you should then be able to see the ipconfiguration..

you can use group policy to prevent accounts accessing control panel objects..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

can you let me know exact policy name so that i can find out.

Comment

not sure of the exact option sorry champ :/
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

google search for "gpo prevent control panel" comes up with the following:
          http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms811649.aspx

Comment

your given link showing win 2000 gp properties where as i want win xp.
            so, please send me xp gp property.

Comment

The setting is located at

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Prohibit access to the Control Panel
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

@Neil999
                You should be capable of doing some research yourself, rather than expecting other members to spoon feed you with the exact information you need

In particular, most if not all Windows 2000 group properties apply to XP (and later)

Can I recommend a very helpful, although little known, web site called
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by neil999 View Post
                  your given link showing win 2000 gp properties where as i want win xp.
                  so, please send me xp gp property.
                  I am immensely sorry that my first attempt at providing you with some support, assistance and guidance as to how to perform the operation or function you required was not appropriate enough to meet your exacting standards.

I admit that the information I was able to find for you, in a 30 second google search, was not fully fact checked, and not appropriate to your environment. I am also deeply apologetic for this.

I sincerely hope that the next time you ask blatant questions, and then ask for further information without showing any signs of actually trying to do anything yourself, that I am able to help you more appropriately.

Comment

No reply is necessary to the above post.

Thank you.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

r u all angry from my post?
                      if yes then i am telling you that i am asking exactly answer from all you because i think you all are master of MCSE and help me out very easily so that i can also save my time.
                      so, please you all dont mind and help me out as usual.

Comment

The point we are trying to make is that you may save yourself a little bit of time now but you are not helping yourself in the long run. If you make an effort to find out things on your own, you too will move closer to being a "master of MCSE"
                        Tom Jones
                        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                          No reply is necessary to the above post.
                          Considering that some of use use "Linear Post - Newest First" (raises hand) and others use "Linear Post - Oldest First", this might cause some consternation.

I'll solve the problem and ignore both tehcamel AND neil999. They'll be crushed, but they'll learn to carry on eventually. Don't cry, it makes it harder...
                          Wesley David
                          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                          -------------------------------
                          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
                          X