System Restart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Restart

My windows xp having pc is going restart without showing login window in all mode.
    so, can you let me know any other way except format to troubleshoot system.

Re: System Restart

Can you give us a little more information, please?

At which point does the computer reboot? Do you see any messages before the machine restarts?

How old is the machine? Has this ever happened before, did you install anything before the problem began, have you deleted/quarantined anything via anti-virus/anti-malware?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

you can perform a repair on windows xp by selecting the repair option on setup. If you perform a repair then you will not loose your data and applications that are there on your system.

Comment

Isn't this a symptom of one of the sasser viruses?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am not getting any message while system restart and it boot exactly after win. xp prof. screen or without showing login screen.

And i haven't update any software and hardware. my machine is 1.5 year old.

so, plz help me out.

Comment

Can you boot into safe mode and check the event logs?
            Also run a bootable anti-virus tool such as McAfee's Stinger
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If you are unable to boot using any mode, you need to first remove the drive from your computer and back up any data you have to another disk.

After the data is backed up, replace the disk in the original PC and boot from your Windows Installation CD. Go through the motion of installing XP, but after Setup examines your disk and finds the Windows installation choose the repair option.

Let us know how you get on.
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Read this for a repair install.

http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Comment

Working...
                X