Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Air (BBC iPlayer) Installation Problems

Hi,

I inherited an old Dell GX260 and figured I'd use it for a TV media player ... possibly not the best choice as it's spec was a bit low. I replaced the video, network & CPU so it's now 1Gb NIC, Radeon 7000 64Mb AGP and a 1.8GHz/P4. Granted not a power system, especially with the 512Mb memory it has on board (it's all I had), but I figured it would do for a basic media PC running XP Pro/SP3

It plays video files OK but I am experiencing issues installing BBC's iPlayer (no problems on any other PC on my network) which is an Adobe AIR application and, from a brief internet search, this seems to be related to a "ConnectNow" add-in ... I wondered if anyone had any idea what could be causing this issue?

Cheers

Kyu
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Re: Adobe Air (BBC iPlayer) Installation Problems

Is Adobe Air already installed? I had a similar issue with another app, and reinstalling Adobe Air fixed it.

What error are you getting? Can you post the error text or a screenshot showing the error, please?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi Blood,

Originally posted by Blood View Post
      Is Adobe Air already installed? I had a similar issue with another app, and reinstalling Adobe Air fixed it.

What error are you getting? Can you post the error text or a screenshot showing the error, please?
      Yes AIR is installed, I installed when I first got the error ... there's no error message as such, it simply "sits there" with "Connecting" (as I recall).

I will post a screenshot tonight.

Thanks

Kyu

Comment

Do you think a firewall might be blocking it?
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Anything in the logs?: http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...ktop_log_files
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Sorry guys ... I decided to take my main PC down and rebuild it with Kubuntu.

Now (5 days) later, back on Win 7 I can get back to doing things ... I will post up some other info this evening.

Thanks for the replies and my apologies for not getting back sooner.

Kyu

Comment

I don't know why but the application finally installed ... OK performance sucks but it does now work, I guess a 64Mb AGP running on a 1.8GHz P4 & 512Mb RAM isn't good enough!!!!

Thanks for the advice

Kyu

Comment

Working...
              X