User Account - XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Account - XP

In xp I have a user account created during setup called 'abc' which is part of the admin group. I also have the default administrator account.I want to delete the 'abc' account but I'm hesitant because I feel that I woont be able to logon then withthe administrator account. Reason is because when I go to switch users it only shows me the default 'guest account' and the account I'm currently logged on with 'abc'. It doesnt show me the default administrator account.Can I delete the 'abc' account safely?Thanks.

Re: User Account - XP

It depends on which version of XP you are using.

XP Pro: at the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and you can then type Administrator in the user account field, followed by your password.

XP Home: You can only access the administrator account in Safe Mode (restart the computer, press F8 at the BIOS screen, choose Safe Mode).
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

thanks.
      Im logged in as the 'abc' account and Im going to delete it and run sysprep. This wont mess anything up account wise, will it?
      As long as I can log on as administrator after I run the sysprep, capture the image and re-load it onto a machine and the administrator account is there im fine.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Why don't you simply rename the abc account? Or, create a new account with the priviledges required? Do you want just the single Administrator account to be available?? That is not good practice.

I really don't understand what you want to do.

Comment

I want to logon as administrator, the default account. (which never gives me the option). I want to delete the 'abc' account and create another one for me.
          Thanks.

Comment

That worked. Thanks!!!
            XP Pro: at the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and you can then type Administrator in the user account field, followed by your password.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

Working...
              X