nLite, sysprep, sid problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nLite, sysprep, sid problem.

A user create the XP installation CD using following methods.

nLite to remove uncessary applications and apply updates. Then not use sysprep to make installation CD.
    Then use it to install on multiple new computers. And it don't need to input license key too. Will it has problems on SID issue?

Or the right way to create custom install CD by using the followin steps?
    1. nLite to remove uncessary applications and apply updates.
    2. Install once on computer
    3. Sysprep this computer and burn partition to image

Please comment. Thanks.

Re: nLite, sysprep, sid problem.

Is all this being done to deploy the created and modified image onto client machines on a network? If yes, what Server Operating System are you running and has WDS been installed and configured?
    If no, what sort of network are you running and how is it configured?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No. Just let the computer support technican to install OS and softwares etc at remote site. But he used the first method to make instllation CD. So I'm wondering if there are same SID computers on the network.

They are running Server 2003 DC and ever meet the some problems that cannot join domain. But can join it lastly after tried several times. In addition, server 2003 dc appears Event ID 11 (source KDC) error everyday when that user logon.
      Description:
      There are multiple accounts with name host/adm004.connectland.local of type DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME.

I don't know if it is related to same SID issue. Thanks.

Comment

Do you really need to use nLite??? What are you removing from the OS???

Build the machine the way you want it then sysprep it and create the relevant files for sysprep then burn an image. Job done.

Comment

Nothing to do with SIDs. even if you don't sysprep it and join to the domain it won't have any SID conflicts as the new domain SID is generated from the DC.
          I think this is more likely to be caused because you are imaging the machine after joining it to the domain.
          More on that here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321044
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
            I think this is more likely to be caused because you are imaging the machine after joining it to the domain.
            Nice pickup!! I always forget about that because Ghost removes it from the Domain for me before pulling the image.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X