Creating a recovery partition or backup image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a recovery partition or backup image

I would like to create a recovery partition similar to the manufacturers. Is there a way, or program that I can get that will create a small boot manager that helps create a recovery partition or recovery image?

I have used Ghost and some other image programs in the past, and have bootitng, but the boot manager for it doesn't default to the windows install.

Any ideas anyone?
    I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
    Chris Robertson
    The Computer Doctor

Re: Creating a recovery partition or backup image

Acronis True Image Home does something similar called "Secure Zone". Are you looking to design something for your own personal use or are you a consultant that wants to make his own recovery partition for customers?

I see lots of interesting topics on Google that would be redundant (and possibly plagiaristic) for me to type here: http://www.google.com/search?q=creat...very+partition
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

I'm looking for what actual people in this forum that actually use these programs and pros and cons. I've done plenty of searching, but would like to find someone that can help, if in fact, I have a problem.
      I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
      Chris Robertson
      The Computer Doctor

Comment

I use Acronis True Image on my home system. I first installed it with Vista. I found that the Secure Zone was a waste of time - when creating backups logged in with my account (with administrative privileges), and specifying the administrator account as the authoritative account to use for the backups, it repeatedly failed. I gave up on this and purchased a new hard drive and used the clone utility instead - much easier, and it can be configured to shut the PC down when it has finished.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

check this link to create a acronis secure zone where u can save ur OS Recovery backup file safely....

http://www.acronis.com/company/inpress/2007/03-15-boot-loader-3.html

Comment

Working...
          X