Wrappers and automated installs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrappers and automated installs

I run a computer business and install some programs repeatedly. I have the XP install automated, but many AV and misc programs, I would like to automate their installation as well.

What is the best method, if a program doesn't have install switches (ie /a), to install these programs? I've worked with scripts and some wrappers, but I didn't run across a program that will help automate install of general programs.

Any Suggestions?
    I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
    Chris Robertson
    The Computer Doctor

Re: Wrappers and automated installs

You can create your own MSI files, but a lot do have switches
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I would use Ghost Images for that. Easy, fast and efficent. Create a base image for different OS/SW combinations (Providing we are talking about freeware or software that can be registered after they have been installed).
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Similar suggestion to L4ndy's, if you've got an AD Domain I'd use Windows Deployment Services and add the apps to a custom image. It takes a bit of time to build and capture images, but once you have done it you can do a full XP install in about 15 minutes.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

As told by "L4ndy" u can use ghost images if u r using same kind of hardwared computers , ie; tht if u r using the intel g31 motherboard original one in all system , then u can install the OS and the softwares wat u want in tht and take a ghost backup to a file and then from next system u can just restore the same file to the hdd ...........even with partition and also without partition.........it is a nice tool to use and a simple one....

OR ELSE u can visit this website for more unattended setup informations

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/1/

U can use almeza software for making softwares unattended too...
          Last edited by Wired; 10th March 2010, 19:40. Reason: removed live link

Comment

Working...
          X