Upgrade from W2k to Windows XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from W2k to Windows XP

I am working with a large client on upgrading from Windows 2000 to XP across multiple geographic locations. Can anybody recommend a solutions (besided RIS or SMS) which will allow my team to perform lite touch or zero touch upgrade, and, that would have some intelligence in terms of something like node discovery for better upgrade planning..

thanks

Re: Upgrade from W2k to Windows XP

Originally posted by prankstr25
    I am working with a large client on upgrading from Windows 2000 to XP across multiple geographic locations. Can anybody recommend a solutions (besided RIS or SMS) which will allow my team to perform lite touch or zero touch upgrade, and, that would have some intelligence in terms of something like node discovery for better upgrade planning..

thanks
    RIS is your best bet, I assume its too many steps though. You can use setup manager from the XP cd to make answer file and perform an unattended instalation, using a floppy with the answers prompted during instalation.

do a little research on "unattended instalation" what you can do is send this file contents to the location and have them place it on a floppy, read this for more info:
    http://www.hytekcomputer.com/Articles/XPInstall/1.shtml

also the zero touch upgrade with auto node discovery you mentioned is using a PXE compliant system, with a RIS server.

Comment

Working...
    X