backup a installed application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup a installed application

Is there any software by which I can backup a installed application ?

I need to do this because i have to format a computer and I do not have a copy of the appplication.

Re: backup a installed application

What is the application? Why not contact the supplier with proof of purchase and ask for another copy of the install media. Most companies will supply replacement media for a small handling and processing fee.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I don't think you can as most application write to the registry.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        I don't think you can as most application write to the registry.
        Agreed

You would need to know where the installed files go and which registry keys are entered - backup the files and their paths, and export the registry keys.

I suppose this would be possible if you take some sort of snapshot or export of your whole registry (or dissect the actual registry files) before and after installing a program --- although I think I've read that there are programs that will allow you to monitor changes.

As someone mentioned, it's probably best to get the install media from the developer again, and if it comes down to it you can probably find the installer from someone else who already has it, and get a copy.

Comment

I think u can use this software

SRProTrialsetup.exe (Google it - Moderator)

but a trial version............. u can try
          Last edited by biggles77; 10th March 2010, 14:15. Reason: Remove excessive font size & live link as Member does not meet link requirements yet.

Comment

Working...
          X