No announcement yet.

USMT 3.0.1 Loadstate /md

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMT 3.0.1 Loadstate /md

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I've been looking around and can't seem to find a definitive answer to this.

I have set up a new domain (moved from a linux Samba, OpenLDAP to W2k8R2 AD) and am going to use the USMT tool to migrate users all running XP SP3. At any rate, I am wondering what the /md switch is good for?

So for example, does the loadstate /md switch allow me to forgo the whole scanstate process? I wouldn't think so and have not tested, but, if you are simply moving one domain account to another, it seems kind of redundant and more work than it is worth.

I am thinking and really just want to confirm, this, that the /md switch does not really do anything, other than allow you to create the domain user account on the local machine while running the loadstate piece of the USMT without first logging into the user on the new domain. (Run on sentence there I think, sorry!)

If someone could clarify this for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!