Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Default User question

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a particular piece of software that crashes when running particular reports on a particular machine. Before we roll this software out to the company i need to discover whats causing the issues. I've narrowed the problem down to an issue on the Default User profile on the windows xp machine (AD 2000 network) this issue obviously replicates on all new profiles.

What I need is some way to compair the now working default user to the broken default user and have a table of results so i can compair the diferrences

Any ideas?

TIA for your help
    Dave

Re: Wierd Default User question

Just a thought, Try using Process Monitor from Sysinternals and compare the two captured logs.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I am looking for a more user-friendly application, since i'll be generating reports in a weekly basis of ALL the users in the network.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jorgeandresito View Post
        Thanks for the advise. I am looking for a more user-friendly application, since i'll be generating reports in a weekly basis of ALL the users in the network.

Thanks
        Hmm! Are you replying to the wrong thread, are you hijacking this one or are you using two accounts here?
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

jorge, i think you may have replied to the wrong thread here

thanks for the reply L4ndy, I've been doing process monitors between the working and non working machines, but the amount of stuff its logging for missing dll's and reg entries thats it can't find even on working machines means its a nightmare to try and narrow this down.

Comment

Working...
          X