No announcement yet.

Apply changes in a Windows XP Pro user profile (printer config) unto all other

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply changes in a Windows XP Pro user profile (printer config) unto all other

This has already been posted at Microsoft Technet, but no one answered me:

I need to set some Intermec printer parameters for several users on different HP desktops and some Intermec laptops. They all have Windows XP Pro with SP2. When I set those parameters in a user's profile, it does not apply for other user profiles and need to perform the same changes for the same printer on every user profile. Not very efficient.

How do I make windows apply those printer settings done on one user profile unto all other user profiles?

I haven't checked the registry, which I have no ease with, but in my mind it seems the changes do not apply to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE, but only for HKEY_CURRENTUSER.

Thanks.

Re: Apply changes in a Windows XP Pro user profile (printer config) unto all other

How about setting default parameters on the printer and then a script to unmap the printer at logon so the uer has to reconnect and therefore pick up the default settings

Otherwise, I guess find the changes to the registry and have some offline editor for ntuser.dat (which is just exported registry keys)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Apply changes in a Windows XP Pro user profile (printer config) unto all other

Thank you Tom,

I will be trying both options in the following weeks.

Comment

Working...
      X