No announcement yet.

Computer Browser Service not Starting

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Browser Service not Starting

I am facing some problem in computer browser service which is unable to start. i restart my pc several times but the problem is still there.

so please anyone from you can advice me that how can i resolve this issue permanently?

Best Regards

Nabeel Ahmad(Perwani)

Re: Computer Browser Service not Starting

Wow huge amount of information to work with.

Search Google for an answer as that'll give you more answers than we possibly can with the information you have given us.

Please post the error message that you encounter when you try to start the Computer Browser service. (When the error pops up, press Ctrl + C to copy the entire message.)

Also collect the service specific event log from the Event Viewer and post it here. To get the Event Viewer, press Windows logo key + R, type 'eventvwr' and press Enter.
      Expand Windows logs > System and look for the error corresponding to the Computer Browser service failing to start.

Next time you post a question, please ensure you provide more info about the issue you are facing. That's going to help others help you better and more quickly. Please read Daniel Petri's guide on how to ask a question..

All the best,

Originally posted by Perwani
        Hi Ching,

Please note the error which i receivd whenever i am going to start the Computer Browser Service.

The Computer Browser service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

Ching, event viewver showing me last month logs not current.

Hi Perwani,

Thanks for the info.

Let's check the following:

a) NIC Properties:

1. Start > Run > ncpa.cpl > Enter

2. Right-click your network connection > Properties

3. Ensure File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is checked.

b) Firewall

1) See if the issue persists after disabling the Windows Firewall.

c) Registry setting:

1) Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Browser\Parameters

2. The value for MaintainServerList REG_SZ should be Yes

Please post back the result.

All the Best,