Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The following website doesn't open most of the times (both in IE & Firefox)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The following website doesn't open most of the times (both in IE & Firefox)?

I use www.medhelp.org and http://health.ivillage.com/messageboards for health related queries.
    These websites doesn't open in most of the times. But, my friend in different location can open the websites.
    I have tried with both IE and firefox.
    I have tried by disabling the Norton and windows firewall.
    Cookies are enable for both IE and firefox.
    I am getting the following error message:
    Firefox:
    • The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

IE:
    The page cannot be displayed

Thank you for your time.

Re: The following website doesn't open most of the times (both in IE & Firefox)?

What is your DNS server resolving the address to???

What is your friends DNS server resolving the address to??

Are you using a proxy??

Are you using a content filter of any sort??

Go to Start, Run and type cmd then type ipconfig /flushdns and see if that helps.

Comment

Re: The following website doesn't open most of the times (both in IE & Firefox)?

Yes, both mine and my friends DNS resolving the www.medhelp.org to 209.116.55.132
      I have checked with other friends as well, they can open the websites.
      I am not using proxy server or content filter....
      flushdns didn't work.
      But, one of the above mentioned website (www.ivillage.com message boards) is opened few hours after I have posted the question.
      But, what is the use when websites doesn't open when we need it?

Actually, I have resolved the issue one month back myself by searching google. But, I forget it now.

Thank you.

Comment

You haven't really resolved it if the problem keep re-occuring.

medhelp resolves to the same address on my DNS server.

Are these domain PC's or home PC's???

Is your ISP blocking the addresses??

Can you browse to the IP address rather than the FQDN??

Comment

Try from the command prompt

(Start Menu --> RUN --> CMD)

A Trace route (tracert is the command) on the websites FQDN. So it should look like this in your command prompt window:

tracert www.medhelp.org

Post here what it returns, your ISP may use different routing paths to reach the destination URL.

Also if you can flush your dns cache by doing

ipconfig /flushdns

From the command prompt window.

ALTERNATIVELY

If you have access to your modem/router, powercycle the unit by turning the unit off (leave for about 5 minutes) and then power the unit back up.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,
          Nick

Comment

Thank you for your concern.

Information:
            I think it is not blocked by ISP, bcz the website opens sometimes but, what is the use when it doesn't open when we want it?
            I can access the www.medhelp.org website in my office but, not in my home PC. My friends who has accessed the website don't have internet connection in home. They too accessed from office.
            I can access the website using the IP address.
            ipconfig /flushdns didn't work
            There is no router/modem connected to my PC to power cycle.
            I am attaching the result of the tracert command as image.

Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

If you can access the website using the IP address all of the time then there is something amiss with your DNS settings.

How is your NIC setup for DNS??? ipconfig /all will tell you.

Is this on a workgroup or a domain???

Do you get you IP address from a DHCP server??

Comment

No, I can't access using the IP whenever I can't access it with FQDN.
                My PC is not in a domain or workgroup, it is single PC
                My IP is static IP, not assigned by DHCP.
                I have attached the result of ipconfig /all command as attachment.

Thank you.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bspkumar View Post
                  No, I can't access using the IP whenever I can't access it with FQDN.
                  My PC is not in a domain or workgroup, it is single PC
                  My IP is static IP, not assigned by DHCP.
                  I have attached the result of ipconfig /all command as attachment.

Thank you.
                  You stated that you could access the site using the IP in the message prior to my last one.

Your PC is in a workgroup.

How do you connect to the internet??? What type of connection is it as you've mentioned that you don't have a router.

If you can't access it via the IP then you have something wrong external to your site and needs to be passed to the ISP for checking.

Comment

I am sorry, that is typing mistake. I can't access using the IP addresss.
                    My internet connection is DSL over CAT5. See how my internet connection is:
                    My PC - Hub - Router in the ISP local office - wireless subscriber-unit ( mounted on the roof of local office).
                    I can not recycle router bcz, it is in ISP's local office.

I think I have to check it with the my ISP.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X