"Upgrade" from XP Pro Corporate to XP Pro OEM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Upgrade" from XP Pro Corporate to XP Pro OEM

Hello. A month ago, I built a new computer from scratch. Because I was lazy and impatient, I borrowed a Win XP Pro Corporate CD to get it up and running for testing. I just purchased an XP Pro OEM CD for installation. Is there any way to "upgrade" from XP Corporate to XP OEM w/o completely reinstalling? I've spent a couple days on the 'net looking for a solution, but haven't been successful. I've tried a couple of the suggestions, involving changing the values in the registry and attempting to reactivate, but no success. I'd appreciate any help and advice. BTW - I know I should have purchased the s/w first, and fear I may now be suffering for my indiscretion. Thanks. IronBooka

XP

You ca "upgrade" the XP Corp. to XP OEM or the easy and the safe way is to do a clean install.

Regards,

Yuval
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Not entirely true Yuval, granted this isn't really an "upgrade" because its the same OS but you can move from one to the other.

If you run a full repair from the OEM cd it will work. You will need to activate Windows once it's done but it does work.

I had to do it a few times. At work, for some unknown reason we had 3 test machines installed with hacked corporate versions of XP Professional on them. I think it was done before I started there, but I have no idea why since we are an MSDN universal subscriber .
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

"Upgrade" from XP Pro Corporate to XP Pro OEM

Just wanted to let you know, I followed Andrew's suggestion about doing a "repair" install, and all seems to be in order. I'm registered and activated, and all seems to be working fine. Thanks so much for your help. IronBooka

Comment

Re: "Upgrade" from XP Pro Corporate to XP Pro OEM

Originally posted by IronBooka
          Just wanted to let you know, I followed Andrew's suggestion about doing a "repair" install, and all seems to be in order. I'm registered and activated, and all seems to be working fine. Thanks so much for your help. IronBooka
          I'm glad it all worked out for you.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X