Activating XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activating XP

I just installed A new Installation of XP , and when Ive tried to activate it A window comes up and its blank. I tried activating it from The start Menu , didnt work ... Its hopeless. I think a file is missing or something, I dont want to reinstall cause im on 56k and dont want to spend days downloading updates and service packs . I heard of Activating it from Unattend.txt ? wheres is this unattend.txt ? I searched and could not find it. If So can someone send it to me or something ?

Unattend.txt is a file that you would use if you were trying to perfom an "unattended" installation of XP. It's not going to do you much good if you have already installed the OS.

I have seen what you are talkign about before. If I remember correctly I think I called MS and they gave me a long drawn out way of activating the OS.
    Brad Bentley

Comment

Phone Microsoft -- its a free-phone number -- and they will talk you through it without any problems.

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
        Phone Microsoft -- its a free-phone number -- and they will talk you through it without any problems.

Tom
        Is this one of those things that is a toll free phone number, but $100 US for the support?
        "One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse."
        -- Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Comment

No this one IS free -- I had to do it in the UK once for a client and they were very helpful. Of course if they weren't, people might be tempted to use pirate software....

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

anyone know the number ?

Comment

What country are you in? http://support.microsoft.com/common/...l.aspx?gssnb=1
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X