Internet Explorer v 8 Slow to log on to Web

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer v 8 Slow to log on to Web

I have XP PRO SP3 with Internet Explorer v 8 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5.5.

Recently I find IE extremely slow to log-on to selected Web sites in comparison to Firefox,

Can anyone explain this or has anyone else been experiencing similar symptoms?

Re: Internet Explorer v 8 Slow to log on to Web

Hi, this is Kate with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team. Try managing your add-ons. In IE, go to ‘tools’ and ‘manage add-ons’. Disabling any unnecessary add-ons may help your Internet run faster. Try disabling add-ons with more than a .2 sec load time. (i.e. tool bars)
    If you’re still not having any luck, I recommend you reinstall IE8 on your system.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Do you have any proof that you work for Microsoft? You're not the first who's claimed that they were a MS employee, but they failed to provide evidence of it.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We have exactly the same issue here across the board. We have just gone back to IE7 on most of our machines here due to the internet being slow, and relying on alot of web based applications means we had no real choice as a quick fix anyway.

We're currently trying to work out a fix however until alot of the web applications are brought up to speed to work seamlessly in IE8 I doubt we'll be going to it anytime soon.

Comment

Try disabling proxy autodetection.

Tools, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings

If Automatically Detect Settings is checked - uncheck it.

See screenshot.

Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X