Restart Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restart Windows

Hi, is there a way to restart windows without restarting your machine? My problem is that when an appliaction hangs up and the user do not want to restart his/her pc because she has alot of documents opened. Help please.

Re: Restart Windows

Originally posted by Router(config)# View Post
    Hi, is there a way to restart windows without restarting your machine? My problem is that when an appliaction hangs up and the user do not want to restart his/her pc because she has alot of documents opened. Help please.
    You could try using Task Manager, click on the "Applications" tab, select the application that is "Not Responding" and click "End Task" in the lower left of the window.

-Jason
    MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Comment

Also to add on to what Jason said, Sometimes when an application hangs it also causes explorer to not respond, in which case from the task manager end the explorer.exe process and start it again by going in File (Task Manager) then New Task, In the Create new task box type explorer.exe and Ok.
      However, this is just a workaround. You need to troubleshoot and get to the route of what's causing the application to hang.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks again. How about coold boot? any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Router(config)# View Post
          Thanks again. How about coold boot? any idea?
          You can't "cold boot" Windows without rebooting the machine. Its not like older Windows 95 where you could exit to Dos and then go back in.

As L4ndy says. Kill Exporer.exe + rerun Explorer - if this doesn't work boot the machine.

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Thanks to all. I think we really need to reboot the machine.

Comment

Working...
            X