TCP/IP ICS Prob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/IP ICS Prob

Running XP Home SP3, Dell Dimension 4600, Dial up. Having a problem trying to do an internet sharing scheme. I would like to share the dial up with the on board RJ11 connection, dhcp. What i have is an issue of it not connecting. Could it be an issue in the administrative tools section, as I remember it was played with in the beginning with the first install. Could some of the choices there be an issue? It is a slow connection that updates the slide shows on the network displays. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: TCP/IP ICS Prob

Yes, possibly it could, but as we have no idea what you "played with" it is rather difficult to tell.
    Also we don't know what is "not connecting" -- the other PCs? the main PC to the internet? the cable into the socket?
    And I'm not clear what is the connection between ICS and the slide show (and if it is even relevant)?

Do you have no other options than dial-up (mobile broadband if ADSL is not available)?

Basically, you go to the dial up connection and enable ICS. It should do absolutely everything for you and as long as all the LAN connections are set to Automatically obtain IP/DNS addresses there should be no problems
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Original post is a bit hard to comprehend but could it be an issue with sp3 as in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951446
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Not very good with computers so bear with me if you can. I am having troubles with my computer sharing its internet connection with my on board LAN, RJ11 jack, that is connected with a crossover patch cable to an IKS hub on a FTA satellite receiver. After reading some posts on this site I finally got my computer to recognize the iHub with the help of a program called Wiznet. Now the iHub should connect to the internet but doesn't? Could this be because of commands in the administrative tools section? or possibly an issue of IP addresses? Any suggestions? I hope this topic isn't against any of the forum rules, if so, sorry.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Seems I was doing okay for awhile when all of a sudden the network wizard started and everything is back to square one. Almost had it, just had to figure out the firewall, zone alarm. Maybe next time I'll write out the steps...

Comment

Working...
          X