Non-domain account offline files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-domain account offline files

I have a number of laptops that connect to one network ony. The users are permitted to take the machines away to work on from elsewhere, however they have no internet/network access outside of the office network. To allow this, offline files and folders are used, syncing on logon/logoff when the user is in the office.

I have been asked to explain something else though - when somone logs in as local admin (i.e. non-domain account) why does the machine attempt to synch files (and whose files at that?).

Any ideas guys?

Re: Non-domain account offline files

Well my understanding of it is, and i could be wrong, but Offline Files Sync is a "system wide event" so to speak and runs regardless of what user logs in. The files are stored into one big container and are not "broken down" by user. So basically when a user that has rights to make their files available offline will work without a hitch. any other user will be prompted for ID/Pass and if they don't have rights to that share then the sync will fail with "access denied" errors. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent this. None that i know of anyway.

Comment

Re: Non-domain account offline files

Cheers IceNine, that makes sense and kinda confirms it for me...

Comment

Working...
      X