Blue screen when trying to install XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen when trying to install XP

Hello guys. I'm back. I have this issue and i need your professional help. Let's start:
    Machine: Dell XPS (i don't know the model yet);
    Configuration: intel Q6600, 3Gb Ram, HDD Seagate 500Gb Sata, Geforce8800GTX, DVDRW LG Sata;
    Problem: I'm trying to repair (installing) Windows XP, but after the installer copies the generic drivers, I get the blue screen. I try other XP copies, but the thing.
    Thanks for your help.

Re: Blue screen when trying to install XP

I would look at dodgy RAM first of all -- try removing all but one stick
    After that, disable as much hardware as you can except DVD / HDD / Graphics
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What's the blue screen error code? If it's 0x0000007B then it's probably the old sata driver issue causing the problem, particularly if you aren't using the Dell CD.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I have try a livecd with Knoppix and all bootup ok, I have access to all hdd's partitions. I think the hdd is the problem, but I test it with Dell's Utility and passes all the test.

Comment

Try changing the ATA type in the BIOS. It might be configured for Vista.

Comment

The machine was build for windows xp professional. I will try now to remove all but 1 memory dimm. Let's see what is the result. Thankyou.

Comment

I try removing all but one memory dimm but is the same issue. I will make a full backup and i will try to delete all the partitions. I hope that will do it.

Comment

Working...
              X