Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase number of Share connections in WinXP

Hi,

I am loking to increse the limit number of folder/file shares (which is 10 by defult) in winxp pro.

How can I do this ?

Thanks,
    Michael

Re: Increase number of Share connections in WinXP

you cant, you can however change this key in the registry so the sessions disconnect quicker.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\parameters

Comment

Buy Server
      MS Licensing is very strict -- 10 concurrent connections
      The suggestion to drop connections faster is very good
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by martfel View Post
        Hi,

I am loking to increse the limit number of folder/file shares (which is 10 by defult) in winxp pro.

How can I do this ?

Thanks,
        Michael
        You can create more than 10 SHARES on XP Pro. However you can have a maximum of 10 connections at any one time. If you want to increase the number of SHARES then ask questions. If you want to breach the EULA by an illegal method then you can stop the questions right now. This Forum shall not help you to bypass the maximum connection limit so please do not ask.

Thank you.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It's illegal to add more concurrent connections, but dropping the connection quicker is allowed - this means basically as soon as the file is copied, the connection is dropped.

Comment

Working...
          X