Windows defrag alternatives!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows defrag alternatives!

The windows defrag can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes and it's usually an overnight affair.
    I've seen some good feedback about Mydefrag formerly known as JkDefrag.
    Some bad reviews about Ultradefrag, and mixed about some others.

I was wondering if anyone has used any alternatives and their feedback.

Thanks
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Re: Windows defrag alternatives!

I use Auslogics Disk Defrag on all of my servers. It's developed into a fairly nice defrag utility over the last several years. The current version has a scheduler and real time defrag capabilities, including a throttling mechanism, and also has the abilitiy to defrag individual files and folders. The best part is it's free.

Comment

At my workplace, they use the enterprise versions of Diskeeper. Works really well since it's fast, reliable and resource consumption is low; the automatic defrag/scheduling options are also highly flexible.

FWIW, I use the desktop version on my two personal XP systems at home, and I am very pleased with it. For a brief period when I had Vista as my primary OS, I continued to use Diskeeper; but I dumped Vista altogether later on.

BTW, none of the above versions are free; free time-limited trial versions are available from their site though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pratt View Post
        At my workplace, they use the enterprise versions of Diskeeper. Works really well since it's fast, reliable and resource consumption is low; the automatic defrag/scheduling options are also highly flexible.

FWIW, I use the desktop version on my two personal XP systems at home, and I am very pleased with it. For a brief period when I had Vista as my primary OS, I continued to use Diskeeper; but I dumped Vista altogether later on.

BTW, none of the above versions are free; free time-limited trial versions are available from their site though.
        The last time I checked, the pricing for Diskeeper was several hundred dollars per server, which made it cost prohibitive for us.

Comment

I'm another user of Auslogics Defragger.

It also comes in a portable version.

Comment

Thanks folks,

I'll have a look at that.

Landi
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I've been using this for quite some time

http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

Very simple interface, throttling, scheduling.

And it's free...
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X