Windows XP pro-system restore problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP pro-system restore problem

1.In my laptop loaded with windows XP-pro,The system restore option does only show option dates in the current month only.I am not able to move back to earlier months. why? i want to chose a date in last month, or earlier months
    kindly advice as to how this can be done. thanks

2.In the above laptop BOTH TASK MANAGER AND REGEDIT HAS BEEN DISABLED BY ADMINISTRATOR'
    How can i enable both the above options
    pl advise
    thanks

Re: Windows XP pro-system restore problem

Originally posted by raj412 View Post
    1.In my laptop loaded with windows XP-pro,The system restore option does only show option dates in the current month only.I am not able to move back to earlier months. why? i want to chose a date in last month, or earlier months
    kindly advice as to how this can be done. thanks
    System Restore is configured to use a certain percentage of the disk to store snapshots. Once that percentage is used, older snapshots are deleted to make room for newer ones. To go back to an earlier time, restore from a backup you took back then - presumably you have one if there's important data on the system.

Originally posted by raj412 View Post
    2.In the above laptop BOTH TASK MANAGER AND REGEDIT HAS BEEN DISABLED BY ADMINISTRATOR'
    How can i enable both the above options
    Little more detail required before people will be prepared to answer that one.

Is this laptop joined to a domain? If so, they have been disabled by the domain admin. Speak to the administrator - do not try to circumvent the security restrictions in place, regardless of whether it's your own computer or the company's.

If the laptop was previously joined to a domain and has been removed, again speak to the administrator of that domain.

If the laptop is a standalone machine and has never been joined to a domain, then...

- are there any local Group Policies configured?

- what antivirus and antimalware products are running?

- any other detail you feel may be relevant.

Did you buy the laptop from new or was it pre-owned?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
    X