Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at once?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at once?

My hard disk is going to fail. I have collected data over 3 years.Please help me.

I heard that nlite and ghost will do this. But, I would like to have the suggestion from experts like you.

OS XP SP2
    Environment : Home PC.

Thank you.

Re: Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at on

OK, now this is your third post. You need to read the forum rules. Posting the same problem multiple times is not going to get you help any faster and may get you banned.

Comment

Re: Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at on

I am sorry, I am posting the questions on different topics separately for your convenience.
      One is for bootable disk and one is for slipstreaming.

Thank you.

Comment

If you have a 3 year old OS install, IMHO back up your data and nuke it -- start with a fresh install, then let Microsoft Update do the rest
        You will need to reinstall Apps but again, it is a chance to clean out the ones you dont need
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Far from an expert but as an enthusiast I can reinforce the roumors you'heard that with nLite you can slipstream and customise your installation image to the way you want to inc drivers, sp hotfixe etc. But as far as I am aware, you can't slipstream applications.
          You can use any other imaging software (Ghost) for that.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X