Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to increase concurrent connections in xp sp3

Hi,

I have Windows XP installed in one of my pc in workgroup. Some data folders are shared on this pc which are accessed by other users in the workgroup, but the problem is that only 10 users are able to access that pc at the same time. I want that more that 30 users are able to access that pc. Please provide any help on this.

Thanks & Regards,
    Rakesh

Re: how to increase concurrent connections in xp sp3

It can't be done. you'll need to upgrade to or install a server operating system.

Comment

Indeed, switch to a Server OS.
      It simply can't legally be done.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I'd first see if you're getting the corresponding error msgs for that restriction being triggered. There should be something pertaining to max connections being reached.
        Depending on the folder's purpose you may not be hitting the restriction regardless.

The particular error is EventID 4226. Personally, I've only seen the limit being hit with aggressive downloading programs & malware.

I'd do like they've said and consider a server license or find a way to check the files in and out somehow. I don't want to give out information that steers you to illegal workarounds.

A server OS on a box is going to give you other added benefits anyways and any modifications to that particular restriction are often reset after various Windows Updates as Microsoft frowns upon modifying that function so you'd likely run into the issue again. It's 2 purposes are to limit proliferation of viruses and ensure you're paying for a server license if you're using a box as a server.
        Last edited by jawz101; 17th September 2009, 17:21.

Comment

Working...
        X