Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Desktop

Hey all,

We have a request from a teacher at a computer lab (she has about 20 workstations running XP Pro) and she laid out some requests. Everything went smoothly (thank you group policy), however, one of the requests was to have a specific image as the wall paper for the profile on all the machines. I thought no problem, enable Active Desktop, set to the requested wallpaper and prevent access to change it. When the policy changes take place and I log in to the account on some computers the wall paper looks normal, on some the wall paper is skewed up considerably and in some situations it has a red x (the symbol you get when a picture doesnt load on a website). So I am a little confused as to why this is happening. If you are wondering, I am using Active Desktop because the wallpaper in question is a jpg and from what I have heard, you need Active Desktop to use a jpeg.

Thanks!

Re: Active Desktop

Where is the image file stored?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi again Geforce,

Its one of the built in wallpapers. I specified a local folder name because I knew it would be on all the machines.

Should I use a network path?

Thanks!

Comment

On the machines experiencing difficulties, enter the path you've configured into a Run box and see what happens. Does the image open?
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I will have to try that on the ones that dont appear to load the image at all.

One thing that is weird about the skewed image is that sometimes it returns to normal after you click around some menus (open up run, explorer, control, etc). Its very unusual.

Thanks!

Comment

What do you mean by skewed exactly - can you post a screenshot (as an image though, not pasted into Word ).
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Sure I can grab a screenshot, I should have it in about 2 - 3 hours when I head onsite.

Thanks!

Comment

That's fine. 16:50 here and everyone is sat around staring at the clock... why must they tease us? Can I sue Casio for standing between me and the pub?
                Gareth Howells

Comment

LOL I hear you there.

Comment

Working...
                  X