Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortcut Keys

Hi all,
    I want to ask if i can to create a custom shortcut key for an application and deploy it for all users (via group policy or registry keys) to active directory computers (clients is near to 100 with windows xp).

Thanks

Re: Shortcut Keys

If the settings are stored in the registry, then yes. If they're stored in a configuration file then you'd need to find a way to merge your partial file with the file on each workstation.

Process Explorer will show you where the application's settings are. Can't be much more specific than that with the detail we have.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

One way i would do this is by a simple batch file that copies the shortcut (Appshortcut.lnk) from a share to the users desktop folder. Then execute the batchfile as a startup script in a GPO. There might be other more elegant ways but this is what i can think of atm.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi L4ndy,
        I have make this test by copying the shortcut , but the shortcut keys is not working to the new workstations

Comment

I think L4ndy and I have both interpreted your question differently - maybe if you could clarify what exactly you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to create a shortcut, or are you trying to configure key combinations in an application (eg assigning Ctrl+T to do something in a program)?

If you're trying to create a shortcut, then I'd suggest either using the relevant Group Policy Preference, or Optimum X's Shortcut.exe
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Let me be more specific ,
            I am trying to create a key shortcut such Ctrl + Alt + p and i want to open an .exe file which store to all workstations.
            Last edited by komis; 23rd August 2009, 18:05.

Comment

It worked for me after a little hesitation at first. After the link has been copied to the desktops try to execute the app normally and then try the shortcut keys, if that still doesn't do it just reboot ( I know it's the ignorants way out but can't seem to pinpoint to the right cause) the machine and it should be ok.
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
              X