X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I / How to slipstream Intel drivers AND SP4 into W2K Pro

G'day all -

I have an Intel D845GEBV2 2.4GHz board with W2K Pro

The first problem I had was installing the Intel drivers, because the board is somewhat younger than W2K. I downloaded them (kudos to Intel!!!), but discovered they need to be installed in a particular order: some have to be installed first, some need SP4...

So, I figured that a slipstream might be a good idea, however there seems to be very little info on mixing the two sets. I did build a slipstream of the Intel drivers on my hard drive, but not the SP4.

What do I need to know?

Gordon.

Re: Can I / How to slipstream Intel drivers AND SP4 into W2K Pro

Once you slipstream X into an image, you can usually also slipstream Y into it as well. Google will tell you how to add drivers or service packs to a Windows 2000 CD - the latter being covered by one of Daniel's articles. Alternatively you could look at nLite.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Use Nlite. Its the best and easiest tool for a job like this. Iv been using it for years and its always done a fantastic job.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've had a long think about this, and I should have thought to say the problem really is how not to have Microsoft overwrite the slipstreamed Intel drivers with any parts of SP4.

I realised that the Intel drivers only have to replace the Microsoft drivers: anything about Intel requiring SP4 is only for when the system is finally fired up.

I guess that's what my question really is: will the Intel/SP4 mix in the slipstream fight with each other? I don't really know what is in SP4...

@scurlaruntings - thanks for the advice. Actually, Petri has one of the best slipstream how-to's I've seen!

Gordon.

Comment

Working...
        X