Task Scheduler and security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Scheduler and security

Hello. Can I run scheduled task in windows Xp professional, without be a member of the Administrators group. User needs to run scheduled tasks daily. But I don,t want this user to be a member of local admin group of his PC.

Thank you
    Alex
    Last edited by alexk; 22nd August 2009, 13:47.

Re: Task Scheduler and security

Try it and see...

From memory, yes.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi. I have tried to remove user from admin group and tnen run scheduled task. It did not work. Do you know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Did the task run and fail due to lack of permissions?

Did the task not run at all?

Was the user able to create a scheduled task?

Please give detail when asking a question, otherwise it makes it very difficult for people to help you.

What is the task? Does it work if the user runs the command manually? What does the Task Scheduler log say?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

You could look into assigning the user the log on as a batch job user right (SeBatchLogonRight).
          However it's just a scratch in the surface as I haven't tested it yet, inc security implications.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I've just tested that and can confirm that it does work fine.
            Have a look at this for more info http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...59(WS.10).aspx
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thank you very much. I will try and let you know.

Alex

Comment

Working...
              X