Create a recovery partition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a recovery partition

Does anyone have regular sucess in creating a recovery partition (bootable)? I'm only looking for actual results, and the software they have used.
    I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
    Chris Robertson
    The Computer Doctor

Re: Create a recovery partition

What version and edition of Windows are you looking for? What products have you tried? Keep in mind that most OEM installations of Windows already have some form of recovery partition.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I'm using XP (thought it was in my signature) and I have ghost 14, ghost corporate edition, and acronis, but I need a simple repeatble process.
      I would like to do many of the office computers so I don't loos so many settings.
      I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
      Chris Robertson
      The Computer Doctor

Comment

It is in your signature yes, but we would have to make an assumption as to whether or not that is the system you are referring to.

Since you have Ghost, I would suggest that you use this and store images on the server, rather than creating recovery partitions on each machine - after all, chances are you're only going to want to restore a machine after its hard drive fails.

Or use RIS/WDS?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I don't have that kind of storage space on the server. I don't want to do all of them, but some of the crucial machines, I do. A partition and possibly a bootable cd/dvd. I also have field computers that don't run off the server. I don't need other options, just results of others that have sucess doing this.
          Chris Robertson
          The Computer Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X