No announcement yet.

Slow login process

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow login process

Hello Friends,

On a particular machine , I am facing slow login issue. I have enabled the usernv logs and gathered information but not able to understand it very precisely , I have attached the logs please look into these and help me to resolve the issue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Yogesh; 24th July 2009, 05:20.

Re: Slow login process

The rpimary cause for slow logon issues are caused by DNS.

Please check that the machine is using the correct DNS server.

Does the issue affect one user or every user? Does that user have the same problem on other machines? While DNS is a likely culprit, the size of a users profile (and any problems with the profile) can affect logon speed.

Is the machine in a domain? Group policies can also have an effect.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

USERENV(544.548 ) 13:51:47:879 LibMain: Process Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
        USERENV(29c.440 ) 13:52:01:922 LibMain: Process Name: C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
        USERENV(6bc.e48 ) 13:51:53:995 PolicyChangedThread: Leaving

above logs states that windows update and Windows Management Instrumentation service are taking a bit long.

I would suggest enabling netlogon logging.

You can use procmon to identify the processes using maximum number of handles, threads.

Check for userenv, lsasrv - event ids.
        Try MSConfig - disable 3rd party services and all startup items and then enabling them one by one.

Hitender Yadav
        Last edited by Yogesh; 24th July 2009, 13:30.

Adding the wkstn to a workgroup then rejoing the domain can often help repair this type of problem.

Has this just started doing this?
          Is it just a new build?
          Like Wullie suggested have you check the dns settings?
          Was anything installed recently?
          -Set a filter on your app event logs for msinstaller
          MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3