X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen in install windows

I'm using Windows XP 64 Bit Edition.

I'm insert windows CD into (SATA)DVD-Rom
    After I boot from CD to enter Install windows.

After I press F8 to agree and then it gone to Blue screen.

I'll try install windows with IDE DVD Rom,it didn't blue screen

How can I fix it.

the code of blue screen (picture from cell phone)

My hardware detail
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2

CPU : QuadCore Intel Xeon X5365, 3000 MHz
    Motherboard : Tyan S2696 Tempest i5000XT
    BIOS Type Phoenix (09/14/06)
    Optical Drive : LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20LS10
    HDD : SEAGATE ST373455SS SCSI Disk Device

Re: Blue screen in install windows

IS the sata controler in Raid MODe ? can be the problem, change the Sata controler to ide mode and probably it will resolve the problem. Since you have scsi hardisk.

Kevin

Comment

Have you pressed F6 during the text based setup to load the SATA drivers???

Comment

The previous posters are correct, you need to install the SCSI controller drivers at the F6 prompt. 0x7B blue screen is Unmountable Boot Volume, basically the Windows CD knows there is a hard drive there but doesn't have the drivers to access it.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

This DVD rom connect on Intel 5000X not on LSI chip.

I'm using my own windows (build by nLite).I'm already include all driver in Windows CD.

Comment

It still doesn't have access to the boot drive hence the 0x7b error.

Have you tried to instal the drivers using the F6 prompt???

Comment

Originally posted by exssrerion View Post
              This DVD rom connect on Intel 5000X not on LSI chip.

I'm using my own windows (build by nLite).I'm already include all driver in Windows CD.
              do you have ALL drivers? the other posters are still correct. You're missing your controller drivers. What are the hardware specs?

Comment

and be sure to disable SATA AHCI mode in bios, if that option is available.

Comment

My hardware detail is
                  Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2

CPU : QuadCore Intel Xeon X5365, 3000 MHz
                  Motherboard : Tyan S2696 Tempest i5000XT
                  BIOS Type Phoenix (09/14/06)
                  Optical Drive : LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20LS10
                  HDD : SEAGATE ST373455SS SCSI Disk Device

I try to install drive with F6,But it still blue screen

Comment

Changing BIOS settings for the SATA controllers will make no difference, cos that is a SAS drive, not SATA. AFAIK SAS controllers can't be configured in ATA/Legacy mode, might be wrong though cos it's been a while since I set one up.

You have 2 options here, both of which are already listed in the thread.

1. Use the F6 prompt to install the drivers from a floppy drive. If you do not have an internal floppy drive and are using USB this will probably fail, as XP has very poor support for USB floppy drives.

2. Use nLite to slipstream the SAS drivers into the install CD and then use that. This link contains the driver and took me all of 4 seconds to find in
                    sigpic
                    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I may have missed something... but where did you get SAS from? My interpretation of the thread so far is that it's a SATA optical and SCSI HDD... and all of the symptoms seem to point to the sata optical drive being the issue.
                      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                        I may have missed something... but where did you get SAS from? My interpretation of the thread so far is that it's a SATA optical and SCSI HDD... and all of the symptoms seem to point to the sata optical drive being the issue.
                        SAS=Serial Attatched SCSI. The motherboard drivers page I linked to specifically lists SAS controller drivers as well, not SATA. The BSoD error is 0x7B which is Inaccessible Boot Volume and the recommended resolution is to install the hard drive controller drivers. There is no mention of the optical drive being the source of this error, assuming you take Microsoft KB articles at face value.

Edit: Checked the motherboard website again and it has 6 SATA and 8 SAS ports. However no SATA driver is listed as available for download. That being the case the logical assumption is that the SATA ports are also linked to the SAS controller (Most SAS controllers also support SATA drives as standard) so the same driver will cover both the HD and the optical drive in the unlikely event that it requires one.
                        Last edited by cruachan; 24th July 2009, 21:34.
                        sigpic
                        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I'm already slipstream SAS drivers into Windows CD.But It still blue screen.

I'm change method by using IDE dvd rom,it not blue screen but my case very large the IDE cable length is 100cm,so data is not complete

Comment

Originally posted by exssrerion View Post
                            I'm already slipstream SAS drivers into Windows CD.But It still blue screen.

I'm change method by using IDE dvd rom,it not blue screen but my case very large the IDE cable length is 100cm,so data is not complete
                            I'd suggest you haven't done it correctly if you are still getting the same blue screen error, if it's a different code please post it. Either that or use a floppy drive and install the drivers using the F6 prompt. The board has a floppy connector and the manual tells you how to make a driver CD in the appendices.
                            sigpic
                            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
                              I'd suggest you haven't done it correctly if you are still getting the same blue screen error, if it's a different code please post it. Either that or use a floppy drive and install the drivers using the F6 prompt. The board has a floppy connector and the manual tells you how to make a driver CD in the appendices.
                              I think the cause of blue screen is SATA cd rom,I'm load sata driver but it still blue screen,If I didn't load SAS driver windows can't see HDD

Use SATA CD > blue screen
                              Use IDE CD > Can install but data is not complete because IDE cable length is 100CM

Comment

Working...
                              X