pen drive issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pen drive issue

in my company in some off IBM lenovo laptops i am facing pen drive related issuse.the issue is pen i connect any pen drive first time it install the driver its normal but when user login in his account and connect pen drive pen drive popup for driver install and this problem has been with laptop every time i have formated the pc but problem is still with user login.this problem is only with few laptops not on every laptops or pc so it is not user account aur right issuse so can any one short this problem

Re: pen drive issue

And what has this got to do with MS Office?
    Please read the forum rules before your next post

Moved to Client OS forum on the assumption your laptop is probably running XP, but if it is Vista, let us know
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Give the user elevated access, plug in the USB stick and let it install, remove access.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

sorry ossian sir if i do any thing wrong .and for OS we are using window xp in our office and this is not a right issue because same thing when we apply on other machines means login the pc with admin account and plug the pen drive and install the driver than log off and login to user account and plug pen drive it works fine but in some pc this thing not work why what is the problem .if it has rights issuse than every machine ask for driver install massage with user account but it is not with every machine infact with few

Comment

ossian sir can you just help me giving forum rule link .please tell me am i ask quetion in wrong section i am new so please help me little bit how to post the question there

thanks in advanced

Comment

The rules are at the top of every sub-forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              And what has this got to do with MS Office?
              Please read the forum rules before your next post

Moved to Client OS forum on the assumption your laptop is probably running XP, but if it is Vista, let us know
              we are using window xp in our office and this is not a right issue because same thing when we apply on other machines means login the pc with admin account and plug the pen drive and install the driver than log off and login to user account and plug pen drive it works fine but in some pc this thing not work why what is the problem .if it has rights issuse than every machine ask for driver install massage with user account but it is not with every machine infact with few

Comment

It can be a rights issue if a computer has fallen off the domain or has not updated its GPO in a while. (e.g. /forceupdate)

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                  It can be a rights issue if a computer has fallen off the domain or has not updated its GPO in a while. (e.g. /forceupdate)
                  this not right issue because on same thing same or different pc pen drives are working fine if it is right issue than pen drive is not working on any pc

Comment

Working...
                  X