Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could not able to recover the deleted file with any of the recovery software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could not able to recover the deleted file with any of the recovery software?

I have accidentally deleted a text file yesterday. It is very important for me.

I haven't find it in recycle bin.

I have used the following programs to recover the file with no result ( Immediately after one hour ). However, I could recover other files which are not required for me now.

Recuva
    PC INSPECTOR File Recovery
    Panda Recovery
    TOKIWA DataRecovery
    Undelete Plus
    FreeUndelete

Thank you for your time.

Re: could not able to recover the deleted file with any of the recovery software?

If it is that important, get a data recovery professional (who will have tools you dont) to access it.

Questions:
    Was it a TXT file or was it a word DOC or similar?
    Was the file on the local machine or on a network share?
    Did you delete it through Windows or a command prompt?
    Did you do anything else on your PC after deleting the file -- specifically did you do things that may have written other data over it?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: could not able to recover the deleted file with any of the recovery software?

Since you were able to recover other files but not that one chances are that it has been overwritten. The golden rule is to STOP doing anything immediatly and start the recovery process (Appart from having the plan B of Backup that is)
      You could also try system restore providing certain requirements are meet.
      What OS, Where was the file stored and what file extension was it?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Was the deleted file saved to a mapped network drive?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Try ntfsundelete: http://ntfsundelete.com

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I am providing the additional details :

>The file is a .txt file.

>The file was located on the desktop : C:\Documents and Settings\A
            \Desktop
            A : is the user name ( guest account )

> I have accidentally deleted it by pressing "shift+delete" combination in
            the keyboard

> I have not do anything after that. I have deleted it while I am deleting the
            unnecessary icons on the desktop. I have immediately run the above
            mentioned file recovery software to recover it. I have recovered the files with
            which the wanted file was delete. But, not the file I want.

> I am not sure if the file might be over written.

> All the recovery softwares were not able to run/scan in the guest accont ( A )
            where I have lost the file. I could have to run it in the admin account.

Thank you.
            Last edited by bspkumar; 2nd July 2009, 18:09.

Comment

Did you try ntfsundelete?

Comment

Yes, I have tried ntfsundelete. But, no result. I heard that the files deleted by "shift+delete" key combination can not be recovered?

Thank you.

Comment

The shift-delete key combination deletes files and allows them to bypass the recycle bin. There is a chance that they can still be recovered.

Comment

Working...
                  X