xp pro oem con setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp pro oem con setup

I buy an xppro lic with my t42 IBM, I have to reinstall but the boot is buggered, I install with a retail, it wants activation, I call MS they tell me I have to install a OEM, I call Ibm they want $150 au. Im pis*** of. Why cause I have the lic number, they wont allow download, I have to pay! I know the laws are to protect ??? u know! But fair is fair, if any one can give me a work around Id appreciate it, I dont have a money printing machine, I just get by like most ordinary folk. I know its the simplest solution to pay twice, but its not right. All I want to do is reset up my IBM t42 with out MS grief. Do I resort to other methods to prove a point then tell MS and Ibm to stick it. Please if you know what im on about please tell me a fix Honesty and integrity are earned not bought!

Re: xp pro oem con setup

Is there a recovery partition on the hard disk???

Comment

Or did it come with Recovery CDs/DVDs or Software CDs/DVDs??
      Where did you buy it?? A retail store, or from somebody else (eBay, etc..)
      And when??

DJ
      Daniel John
      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

the recovery is no more, I was unaware when I got the laptop and redistributed the partition, then formated etc etc, and no no recovery disc thats why I called IBM and they want 150 bucks.

Comment

no recovery, ive done all the things I can, I need to rid the validation problem, or am I not able, ms advisor knew nothing, there soution is for me to pay again,but why should I as I have a paid for lic. what if I dig into the registry! there has to be some way. All said and done I am a legal lic holder.

Comment

You need to try and get an OEM installation disk.

Comment

Working...
            X