Partition not seen in Computer Management, Disk Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partition not seen in Computer Management, Disk Management

I have been looking for the solution of very strange issue at least for me, its strange I have tried to look around the resolution but not found any working.

ISSUE:

1] Partition is not seen in Computer Management - Disk Management
    but it is seen and accessible in My Computer

2] Optical drive is become read only though it is writer. Not able to burn the disk.

RESOLUTION TRIED:

- Logical Disk Manager Service started mode
    - Chkdsk /r
    - sfc /scannow
    - virus scan

Screenshots:

out of mind now what to do ?

Re: Partition not seen in Computer Management, Disk Management

Please check ur Local security Policy of this computer....

Comment

Have you Installed Any Recording software and removed it ? And you can try this, go to control panel\adminstrative tools\services and start the Imapi CD-Bruning COM Service

regards
      Kevin
      Last edited by kevinguerreiro; 21st June 2009, 18:16.

Comment

Going off that screen shot, you've already burnt the CD..
        Try putting in a new disc and see if that changes anything..

DJ
        Daniel John
        A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you guys who have been helping thru... however, the issue has been resolved.

initially i thought it was Virtual PC which crashed in between while mounting ISO [Office PC] and this error started but when i had the same problem with my home notebook, i was very certain that its not virtual PC but virus/trojan

so i started digging into and found the cause was Trojan. I run Trojan remover and it did remove some unusual Trojans attacked to dll, services, process.... Below is the some log entries...

The AppInitDLLs Registry entry has been reset
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\f56ee470.sys
          HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\[load] - deleted
          HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\[run] - deleted
          HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\Explorer\Run\[exec] - deleted
          HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msncache\Pa rameters\[ServiceDll] - already deleted
          HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\r56ujxftyrs djsxrgf46i5sgheh80\[ImagePath] - deleted
          HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sopidkc\[ImagePath] - already deleted
          HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\t7ikr5tkdht rhazww4djrj645jxddee80\[ImagePath] - deleted
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\3361\services.exe
          -H- 122880 bytes
          Created: 10/17/2007 7:30 PM
          Modified: 10/17/2007 7:30 PM
          Company: sun
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\3361\services.exe - system file in non-system folder
          Previously renamed file C:\WINDOWS\system32\3361\services.exe.vir has been deleted
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\3361\services.exe - running process located and terminated
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\3361\services.exe - HIDDEN file attribute removed
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\3361\services.exe - file renamed to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\3361\services.exe.vir

Comment

glad everything is working ok, damn trojans...

Regards

Comment

Glad you got it resolved..
              Thanks for posting back to let us know..

DJ
              Daniel John
              A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X