2 proxy server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 proxy server?

i want to use 2 proxy server (ISA server) at same time , other will works when one down, just like primary and secondary DNS server, Actually i want to configure my clients can use two proxy servers.primary and secondary, how can do this on clients and on server as well.

you need to create an autoconfig script and set this up on your clients.

This script will also need to be redundant, as no script no access, so best to put this on a DFS system.

In the script you can point clients to multiple servers, you can also point them to different servers for different requests to load balance a little for popular sites.

I know ISA has some kind of Array configuration but I've never played with it so I don't know if this will do what you are asking for.

Has anyone successfully clustered ISA servers ? Never tried this either.

topper

P.S. Google will easily find autoconfig script templates.
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

know ISA has some kind of Array configuration but I've never played with it so I don't know if this will do what you are asking for.

Has anyone successfully clustered ISA servers ? Never tried this either
      you should configure Isa servers arrays.

you need active directory and two or more Isa server 2000 enterprise edition. also Isa 2004 support the array configuration.
      you can read more in the following link http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/C...er_Arrays.html
      Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
      HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
      the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Working...
      X