Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to removed saved WiFi Keys

Hi ,

We do have setup of WiFi Setup in our Netowork Wep - 128 Bit Passkey Security . Now When guests comes at my network i need to allow them to connect my network , i have configured the wifi keys in their laptop.

Now even after disconnecting their laptop's from network when they come next day they are able to connect automatically without entering the wifi pass key.

so can any one tell me where do this pass key will store so that i will remove it when they disconnect from my wifi .

I know that we can implement Mac Address based limitation but if someone help me to implement without it so that everytime when guest comes they first need to contact me and then only they can connect.

Client are using Windows 2000 Profesional , Winxp and vista also...

Thanks ...

Re: how to removed saved WiFi Keys

Hello there, for windows xp and probably win2000 go to the network controlers and select the wireless network adapter and right click and select properties. Then select Wirelless Networks and at the bottom select the wireless network you want and select remove. For Windows Vista go to Network and Sharing Center, and select Manage Wireless Networks, and selct the wireless network and press Remove.

Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

Comment

Why would you want to do this???

Do you regularly change the WEP key. Would solve all your problems if you change it say every 5 days.

Are the guests coming regularly to the company and using wireless??

Comment

Your ultimate goal is to have people ask you to use the wireless every time they want it? You could manually remove the key as per kevinguerreiro's instructions every single time someone leaves after using the wireless network (which is nearly impossible) or you could simply change the wireless network's WiFi key each day. That seems to be the best solution. You could also stop using WEP keys and use some kind of capture portal on the wireless network like WiFi Dog or ZoneCD (built on WiFi Dog) and change the password every day. Really, the effect is the same though.

Could you tell us a little bit more of your situation and maybe we can help solve a deeper issue? Why do you want people to ask you every day to get on te wireless? Do you need to audit people's usage?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Well if i'm not wrong, if you have a 2000/2003 windows server, you can setup a Radius server for autentication.

Regards
          Kevin

Comment

Surely it wouldn't be too hard to setup some sort of USB device that would allow or remove access as you plug it in, and eject it??
            Then you could setup a few of these and hand them out / collect them at the end of each day..

DJ
            Daniel John
            A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
            ************************************************** **********************

Comment

Well the option that nonapeptide gave with zonecd is a good one.l Publicip has a free service, it's limited but it works. the only problem is that he has to run in a old machine, neve tested the free version of it, and dont know if it still need the licence key. I have 2 hotspots here in portugal working with zonecd and it works very well.

Regards
              Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X