No announcement yet.

Cannot browse VPN Files now?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot browse VPN Files now?

I have a client who works almost exclusively from home.

They are running a wireless XP box, using the built in Windows PPTP client and the other end is a SBS2003 server with Routing and Remote Access configured.

The user called me today saying the VPN is established but unable to browse any server shares.

In the first instance I tested my VPN Connection on my laptop (XP) and it works fine. No other problems apparent.

On the clients PC I can ping the SBS server by DNS and IP, also able to ping from the office to the remote client PC. Comms there seem fine.

When trying to browse a share it just immediately says "Network location unavailable".

Transpires that their ISP logged on remotely tp their PC a while ago to fix "a conflict with Windows and the new Wireless Router" they had sent out....

I cant for the life of me figure out what is missing for this to not work. ICS Internet Gateway was installed when I logged on today (which wasnt there before) so I took that off, but still no go.

What should I be checking???

Thanks in advance

Re: Cannot browse VPN Files now?

The ISP had deleted Client for Microsoft Networks from the network adapters.....................