Unable to uninstall .NET frame work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to uninstall .NET frame work?

I have installed .NET frame work 3.5 to run some application. I have observed that the following versions of .NET frame work were installed in my PC.

.NET frame work 2.0 SP1
    .NET frame work 3.0 SP1
    .NET frame work 3.5

I would like to uninstall 2.0 and 3.0 which I was unable to do. I am getting an error message like, "Uninstalling .net frame work is not possible. Some of installed applications will not work if you uninstall"

Is it required to keep all these versions of .net frame work installed in my PC?

Thank for your consideration

Re: Unable to uninstall .NET frame work?

Uninstall 3.5 first, then 3.0 and then 2.0.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If you dont mind could you tell me how to give reputation points?
      Last edited by bspkumar; 1st June 2009, 16:54.

Comment

Click on the Yin-Yang icon (the black and white circle) at the top right of the post
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

you may find that dotnet 2 and so forth were already installed - it's not uncommon, and you'd be surprised how many applications use it...
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

yeah, i'd be really careful, and MAKE SURE that you don't need them, because there a HEAPS of apps that use the .NET framework these days...

DJ
            Daniel John
            A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
            ************************************************** **********************

Comment

Working...
            X