gpedit.msc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpedit.msc

When you run this command, which users are affected when you make setting changes under the user configuration section. I'm pretty sure anything under the computer configuration is for anyone who logs into the computer. But who is affected under the user configuration section? Everyone but the Administrator? And also is the computer config section everyone but the Administrator?

Re: gpedit.msc

Unless the setting explicitly states that administrators are not effected, all users who logon.

Comment

So is there a way to make the changes only apply to certain users? And lets say I disable gpedit.exe in the user configuration section then there would be no possible way to get it back since it effects all users including Administrator?

Comment

You'll need to make changes at the AD domain level using a GPO and have it apply to all users except Administrators. If the machine is not a member of a AD domain then you're probably out of luck in excluding the Administrator from the settings.

Comment

Ok thats what I thought. I am studying 70-270 and they are not very clear on that. Thank you.
          Last edited by baschaff; 26th May 2009, 21:23.

Comment

Working...
          X