Roaming Profile Problem On A Single Workstation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming Profile Problem On A Single Workstation

I have a very odd problem with roaming profiles and a single workstation.

Here's the setup:

Workstation - XP Pro

Domain Controller - Server 2003

The problem is that when the user logs off, the roaming profile is not updated, nor is the profile downloaded when the user logs back in, but the profile is downloaded if the workstation is rebooted.

The user can browse to their roaming profile location and create a file, and I can login with an admin account and manually copy the profile to the server.

I've tried removing the roaming profile folder from the server, and then having the user login, but the folder that is created on the server is empty and doesn't' actually contain their profile.

I have logged in with the user on a different workstation without any issues, and the profile updates automatically.

Anyone ever see anything like this happen with a single workstation?

Re: Roaming Profile Problem On A Single Workstation

Well...as odd as it is...it was an Nvidia display driver that was stopping the profile from updating.

Updated the driver which was almost 2 years old after reading some posts on the NVidia forums about certain driver builds breaking roaming profile updating, and now the profile loads and unloads as it should.

Comment

Wow. I guess it goes to show that anything can be at the root of a problem. Strange one for sure.

Comment

We appreciate you posting back and sharing your info Beardpick. That's what this Community is all about. Thanks.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X