How to get connected Intenet to anothe computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get connected Intenet to anothe computer

I got LapTop and I am getting free wireless Intenet connection on my Laptop, when I open my LapTop which is not belong to me this Internet connection. But I want to get connect this Internet connection on my LapTop plus DiskTop also, so I buy a TP-Link 54M Wireless Router, can any body let me know How I can configure this Router.

Thanks for your replies.

Re: How to get connected Intenet to anothe computer

Use the router to connect to both PCs
    Turn off DHCP and give the router a static IP in the range 192.168.1.x (IIRC)
    then use Internet Connection Sharing on your laptop
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

How I can go to see DHCP turn OFF or not, where I can see this DHCP, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Your Wireless router will have an IP address (RTFM for details)
        Browse to it with your browser, enter username and password (again RTFM) and you will have a range of settings including DHCP
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Your Wireless router will have an IP address (RTFM for details)
          Browse to it with your browser, enter username and password (again RTFM) and you will have a range of settings including DHCP
          i am totally new to this thing, what i did here it is. firts i connect a cat cable from labtop to router at wan port (blue connection), then i take another wire connect from router port-1 (yellow connection) to disktop.

There after nothing happening on disktop, i did not get connect internet.

Again I will let you know I am getting some body else Internet connection on my labtop wireless in my building, so i don't have any modem etc & I am not paying any bills for internet. This connection I want to use on disktop also, so I buy a TP-Link Router which says I can connect upto 4 computer. So please let me know few detail steps how to setup all.

I already spent lot of time with out success.
          Thanks & really appricated for your answers.

Comment

Plug both laptop and desktop into router ports (NOT into the WAN connection)
            Then run a command prompt on one machine and do IPCONFIG/ALL
            Post the results here
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Did you read the manual (RTFM). This device has an extremely simple GUI with context help to the right of the screen. The manual is on the accompanying CD and has all the instructions necessary to help you with the setup. Also note that the IP address for the device is printed on the box the device came in.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                Plug both laptop and desktop into router ports (NOT into the WAN connection)
                Then run a command prompt on one machine and do IPCONFIG/ALL
                Post the results here
                I connect both the computer as you suggested, then I saw LAN detected on 2nd computer & on first computer it say limited connectivity. After this I click on Internet explorer, but says page could not found. Then I goto the RUN option and type cmd then shows command prompt on 1st computer, after this what I have to type on 1st computer & what I have to type on 2nd computer.

Hopefully waiting for your answer.

Comment

As said above, type in "IPCONFIG /ALL" (without the quotes) and press return (enter)

Based on what you have said, you may find it easier to pay someone with a bit more expertise to sort you out.

Also, I am worried about
                  I am getting some body else Internet connection on my labtop wireless in my building, so i don't have any modem etc & I am not paying any bills for internet
                  Do they know this, and do you have their permission?
                  If not, you may well be breaking the law
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Thanks for your suggation, yes I got permession now for this Internet which belong to my neighbor and we decided to share money open receiving bill, but currently this service is free for three months for new customers, and we decided to not put any password on it.

I tried your command IPCONFIG/ALL on 1st computer then 2nd computer says speed 100 mps, but when I click on Internet eplorer it is saying page not found, none pages opening.

Comment

We don't want the speed, we want ALL of the results of IPCONFIG/ALL
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Working...
                      X