X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error connecting to Remote PC thru RDC

Hi all,

I got this error message:
    You cannot initiate a Remote Desktop Connection because the windows logon software on the remote computer has been replaced by incompatible software c:\windows\system32\awgina.dll.

Please check with your system administrator........
    Do you guys have any idea of what's wrong with this? Please advice how to address this issue.

Thanks in advance...
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: Error connecting to Remote PC thru RDC

Have you installed any third party remote software. If installed then please uninstall it and try
    Best Regards ,
    Manish Nadkarni

Comment

Iíve been in your way virus. Un-installation of the third party software might solve the problem.

Comment

I second that.
        Awgina.dll is installed by PCAnyware (while Microsoft's GINA file is called Msgina.dll).

You need to uninstall pcAnywere OR you can disable Awgina.dll (disable by registry tweak)
        Try also turning-off the Fast User Switching feature.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Oh yea, that computer had PCAnywhere installed.

Will it affect the operation of PCAnywhere if i disable Awgina.dll, because sometimes i still need the software so that my vendor can do remote connection from his office?

In another seperate case, the incompatible software is MrvGINA.dll. That specific computer uses a netgear wireless NIC connecting to our network. Will it be the software comes along with the NIC causing this error?

Thank you very much and i look forward to hear from you guys soon...
          Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Comment

Originally posted by ususim View Post
            Will it affect the operation of PCAnywhere if i disable Awgina.dll, because sometimes i still need the software so that my vendor can do remote connection from his office?
            I'm not sure - you'll have to test if your PcAnyware version is supporting the MS Logon Screen Interface.
            First check if the file msgina.dll still exists in the Windows\System32 folder.
            Then you can temporary rename the valuename 'GinaDLL' in the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
            to '- GinaDLL' for testing.
            Same thing for the machine that have Netgear installed.
            Then reboot and test remote logons.

Furthermore, if the computers are not clients in a domain, also manually turnoff Fast User Switching on the machines so it cannot be used.

\Rems
            Last edited by Rems; 11th May 2009, 13:55.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Originally posted by ususim View Post
              If PCAnywhere is really causing you a problem, your vendor can choose any number of alternate remote access solutions to get a connection in. Things like TeamViewer don't rely on having anything installed on your computer. I personally use software built around UltraVNC SingleClick and would not expect an end user to have remote software permanently installed for my benefit..

Comment

Working...
              X