Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Log Batch File

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first time to work with batch files and I am curious to know if it is possible to create a batch file the will log users disconnecting from a mapped drive on the server. I don't have admin rights, so I need to do this from the user end. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Kio

Re: Network Log Batch File

you really should have admin rights if you want to do admin stuff.......
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Really Lior_S !
      We only have one Admin, and I was asked to watch his activity..I can't have admin rights without tipping him off. Can someone answer my question without giving me another elementary response?

Thanks,'
      Kio

Comment

Originally posted by kio View Post
        We only have one Admin, and I was asked to watch his activity.
        How about auditing security logs?

If you need to make sure the admin is not snooping around on user files, you have more a problem you might realize.

-vP

Comment

Ok, I'll try and ask as simple as possible, can I keep a log of users that disconnect from a mapped drive on a server from a users end that does not have admin rights at the moment? If so, what would be a good starting point?

Thanks,
          Kio

Comment

Really Lior_S !
            We only have one Admin, and I was asked to watch his activity..I can't have admin rights without tipping him off. Can someone answer my question without giving me another elementary response?

Thanks,'
            Kio
            In that case sack the admin if you don't trust them.

To answer your question what activity are you wanting to watch???

Comment

Guys you know what? I asked a simple yes or no question and all I've got was a few non intellegent reply's. All I was looking for was a "yes" or a "no", I don't need to explain my reasons for doing this becuase its irrellevant to the question.

Comment

Guys you know what? I asked a simple yes or no question and all I've got was a few non intellegent reply's. All I was looking for was a "yes" or a "no", I don't need to explain my reasons for doing this becuase its irrellevant to the question.
                Wow, hold your horses buddy! You only got what you asked for.
                If you are incapable of resolving your operational issues and turn to technology hoping to snap your fingers and get it resolved then you are wrong because it wont happen like that. There is no clear Yes and No answers because it depends what you want exactly. Even then you still need to have some sort of administrative rights over your IT system, which only the IT admin can provide you with.
                Ask him to enable Object access auditing and give you the access reports.
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I'll give you a clear answer to your question of "This is my first time to work with batch files and I am curious to know if it is possible to create a batch file the will log users disconnecting from a mapped drive on the server. I don't have admin rights, so I need to do this from the user end. Any Ideas?:

No, It can't be done. Sorry. Have a nice day.

Comment

Thanks joeqwerty,
                    You finally gave me a yes or no answer, I appreciate it!

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X