No announcement yet.

Weird Intrnet Explorer 7 and XP profile issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Intrnet Explorer 7 and XP profile issue

Hi all,

There is a X website to which I can log on fine and work on it.
    When I log out and try to log back in it would not let me in.
    It is not showing any error message, just simply reloads and shows again username/password box. No matter how many times I try, it would not let me in.

When I go and clear temp files, cookies, etc. and try to log on again - it logs me in perfectly fine again...
    Until I log off...
    Then the whole thing happens again and again...

I tried Firefox and can't recreate same problem.
    Works each time perfect.
    However, I need to resolve it on IE.

Another thing I have noticed, when I rename/delete user profile and create fresh one on the same XP machine and I try again on IE it works OK each time. Wow weird!

So the problem HAS to be related to the profile and/or the way IE is storing it's temp files or session files...

Why I don't just use Mozilla or create new profile then you might think?

Basically I need to make it work on IE (another long story) and this profile is huge and very, very, customized. There is no chance File Wizard or anything else (not anything I know anyways...) can copy it in one piece with all the application settings and fixes... that would be very messy job I'd say and probably hours be needed to spend to customize it all over again...

Unless you now some quick way of coping very customized profiles?

Is there anything that could be done to maybe refresh existing profile, anything that might be corrupting IE temp files or the way IE handles the website? I think profile might be corrupted but then is there something else I could do/check before I will go with the last possible resort of creating new profile...?

Sorry for this bit lenghty post, any ideas appreciated...

Re: Weird Intrnet Explorer 7 and XP profile issue

how about reseting all the IE setting back to default?
    what will you do if that computer fails.......
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Re: Weird Intrnet Explorer 7 and XP profile issue

Yep, tried resetting all IE settings to default - no help
      I'd say I'm going to give up. Tnks anyway